Top five reasons to work at Stratton Mountain Resort:
5. Because at Stratton we understand what it is like to have the heart of a ski bum.
4. Free access to the best snow in the East!
3. Stratton's the family you don't have to worry about inviting over for the holidays.
2. Incredible Perks & Benefits
1. Every outdoor enthusiast needs a mountain to call home
Stratton was established in 1961, and expanded rapidly into one of Vermont's largest ski areas. Stratton sits at 3,875 feet and offers a beautiful view on the Green Mountains. Its ski area covers 624 acres and includes 94 ski trails for the enjoyment of skiers and snowboarders of all levels. One of the most powerful snowmaking systems in Southern Vermont, Stratton has snow guns on 93% of the mountain allowing us to offer impeccable snow conditions.
Stratton is less than 4 hours from NYC, 3 hours from Boston, 2 hours from Burlington, VT and about 4 hours from Montreal.
- Elevation at the summit: 1,181 meters / 3,875 feet
- Vertical drop: 611 meters / 2,003 feet
- Number of trails: 94
- Average annual snowfall: 460 cm / 180 in
We really care about the kind of people we’re hiring. We take pride in what makes our work place unique… it’s all about the employees. We want our customers to really notice the awesome people who are running the lifts, serving the hot chocolate, shoveling the walkways, grooming the trails, making the snow… you get it, right?
We look for people who we think will mesh well with the culture we promote – people who are excited and passionate about life! We look for people who are positive, motivated, and know how to have fun while working hard!
How do I apply?
There’s only one way to apply…. online. Click on a job to read more about it. If you like what you see, apply. If you want to keep looking, you can do that too. Just apply for ONE job, and mention in your cover letter that you’re open to other jobs also.
What do you look for in applications and resumes?
We’re looking for people that are passionate about life and what they do. Creativity and humor is always welcome, especially after looking at hundreds of applications, but please keep it professional.
Tell the truth. We’re going to find out who you are eventually, so just be yourself.
Include a work reference or two.
When should I apply for a job? We start posting jobs for the winter season in late summer. Keep checking the website through early fall and into December. We try to have most jobs filled by Thanksgiving. Some jobs remain posted throughout the season, so just keep looking until you see something you like. Then go for it.
*We will also be hosting a few Hiring Events throughout September and October. Look for the dates as hiring season approaches – they will be posted on our website!
Is there employee housing?
Stratton Mountain Resort does not provide employee housing. Craigslist, real estate websites, and local newspapers are a great resource. Towns to look for that are within a reasonable driving distance are: Bondville, Winhall, Manchester, Jamaica, Rawsonville, Townshend, Newfane, Londonderry, South Londonderry, Chester, and Peru. There are plenty of seasonal rooms and houses to rent for the winter, you just have to do some research!
What should I bring?
- The right clothing. Be sure to ask your new manager/supervisor about dress code or recommended clothing/footwear for the job you will be doing, especially if you’re working outdoors. They can give you some great tips for layering and staying warm and dry. Proper footwear is really important! Keep in mind that our winters can be unpredictable. A day could start out sunny and warm and by the end of your shift, it may be snowing. Be prepared for anything!
- Transportation. This part of southern Vermont does not have public transportation. The village of Stratton is at the very top of a long and winding access road, so we recommend that you bring your own transportation or make arrangements with friends or family for rides to and from work. If you do have your own vehicle, be sure to invest in some good snow tires, and make sure you have an emergency kit in your car at all times in case you get stuck somewhere…
- Money. Bring enough to live on for a few weeks. Depending on when you arrive and start working, you may not get paid for at least three weeks because of how our payroll cycles work. If you don’t have a vehicle, it can be hard to find your way to a bank. We recommend that you set up direct deposit when you arrive. Make sure you have a little bit of a cushion until you are fully settled.
Activities and Night Life
There's always something happening at Stratton Mountain. Winter brings parties and races, snowshoe hikes, snowmobile tours, snow tubing, fireworks, Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer, the new 24 Hours of Stratton, plus snowboard and freestyle events, boarder-cross camps and so much more. After work or a day off on the slopes, hang out on the deck at Grizzly’s – the hottest spot for après ski drinks and finger food! The fun continues at various restaurants throughout the village, including The Sushi Bar, Bentley’s, Mulligan’s (home of the Green Door Pub) and more!
Summer and fall events include free concerts, live music in the Village, brewfest and chili cook-off, Wanderlust music and yoga, a Farm to Table Food Festival, kayaking, hiking, and that's just the beginning!
Stratton is committed to the Employee Experience, and we dedicate ourselves to the active pursuit of health, well-being, and work/life balance. Along with your free season’s pass, our generous perks program allows employees to select the little extras that make sense for them. Perks to choose from are sports center and golf memberships, vouchers for friends and family, and ski passes for dependents.
Full time Stratton employees get free day tickets to Magic and Bromley Mountains (within 30 minutes of us), and receive industry rates at all other ski areas (except for weekends and holidays). Full time employees are also eligible to receive 5 free consecutive days and lodging discounts at other Intrawest resorts: Steamboat, Winter Park, Tremblant, and Snowshoe. All employees get retail and food and beverage discounts at most locations on the mountain.
All employees get retail and F&B discounts at most locations on the mountain.
We hope to see you this Winter!