"When I retreat into the haven of my writing, mind meets craft meets heart language." If you are thinking about incorporating writing into your life, or already love to write, Laura Munson’s Retreat inspires each of us to be creative on the page, clarify the intention of our writings, find our unique voice, and allow us to incorporate this new found self-expression into every aspect of our lives. At Haven Stratton, you will experience:
- Two daily intensive group sessions, exploring craft & voice through various writing exercises, including student & instructor readings, designed to inspire and challenge you in your writing.
- Small group workshop sessions with Laura in which you structure your writing practice & pick the brain of a New York Times best-seller.
- Mid-day activities to refresh your mind & body, including mindful walks, Breath Yoga, meditation sessions, small group sessions with Laura & private writing time.
- Communal meals and social hour (where all the best Q&A happens).
At Haven Stratton, we will focus on:
- Developing your unique voice
- writing exercises to get unstuck
- the architecture of craft
- how to deal with rejection and our inner critic
- tools to help you in your daily writing life, and
- a statement of intention to help you stay on track after the retreat
When: November 5-9, 2014
Register: visit www.windroseretreats.com or call 802-362-0570
Haven Writing Retreats are open to all ranges of writers. Whether you beginning to think about incorporating writing into your life, love to write & wish to explore self-expression on the page, have a book idea, or are in the process of writing a book, this Haven Retreat is perfect for you!
About Wind Rose Retreats: Wind Rose Retreats is the leader in resort-hosted retreats. Wind Rose subscribes to the idea that Mindfulness can help everyone, so retreats are designed to be inclusive and enjoyable. Retreats are hosted at resorts like Stratton so that it’s comfortable and unintimidating for all.
WEDNESDAY: 1:00-5:00 PM: Arrival & check-in is in the afternoon.
5:00-6:00 PM: Retreat Introduction.
6:00-6:30 PM: Social ½ hour.
6:30-7:30 PM: Opening Ceremony Dinner.
7:30-9:30 PM: Evening Class.
THU, FRI, SAT: 7:00-7:45 AM: Continental Buffet Breakfast.
7:45-9:30 AM: Personal Activity: in-room stretching; in-room meditation or yoga; yoga class or group meditation, morning run, walk or hike; morning spa treatment or other activity.
9:30 AM-Noon: Morning Group Session.
Noon-1:00 PM: Group Lunch.
1:30-4:30 PM: Afternoon Activities include: optional activities plus an hour of personal study. Available activities include: small group meditation; breath or specialized yoga class; mindful hiking; spa treatment; complimentary access to Stratton’s state-of-the-art fitness center; tennis; biking; kayaking; golf; or other activity.
5:30-6:30 PM: Evening Social Hour.
6:30-7:30 PM: Group Dinner.
7:30-9:30 PM: Evening Group Session.
9:30-10:30 PM: CLOSING HOUR. Frivolity, fun…&, on final evening, CLOSING CEREMONY.
SUNDAY: 7:00-7:45 AM: Continental Buffet Breakfast.
9:00-11:00 AM: A NEW GATEWAY.