Celebrate Independence Day Weekend with gondola rides, hay rides, live entertainment and fireworks! The Gondola will be running July 4-6 from 10am-5pm. Summer rates apply; buy your tickets at the gondola.
Get Stratton's printable Events & Activities Schedule here!
In the Village:
1-4pm Live Music
3-6pm Caricaturist (John Gurney)
- Gurney has illustrated over 120 books for children. He is the author and illustrator of the picture book Dinosaur Train. In 1980 he moved to Brooklyn NY to study art at Pratt Institute and spent his summers drawing caricatures on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, NJ. Since the 1980's, Gurney has balanced working as an illustrator and as a caricaturist throughout the New York City and New England areas. Currently he lives in Vermont where he currently lives with his wife and two children.
3-6pm Vermont Museum of Natural History
- Displaying one of New England's largest collections of native species along with live animal exhibits, ecology, geology and natural history exhibits, Vermont Museum of Natural History fosters an interest in nature, the environment and the natural sciences. Don't miss their birds of prey, live reptiles and more.
4pm Speed and Agility on Skis Demo (Upper Parking Deck) by Stratton Mountain School
6-6:30pm Dance Demo by American Dance Training Camp in the Courtyard
Main Base Area:
10am-5pm - Gondola Rides (Friday-Sunday; Summer rates apply-buy your tickets at the gondola)
2-8pm Hay Rides
- A great time for all ages, this 20 Minute ride begins at the South American Lift in the Main Base area. Enjoy Southern Vermont views on your way to the lake at Tamarack Heights, before returning back to rejoin the Friends & Freedom Celebration at the Base.
- This Connecticut singer-songwriter (and actor!) Jeff Tuohy, plays music everyone can relate to and love. With a Jazz feel to his songs, he tells a story that the audience will have a great time following as they listen.
6:30pm - Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Show off your skills for some great prizes (free to enter). Open to the first 12 participants. Registration half hour before contest. In front of base lodge. Adult signature required.
7-8pm - Free Hip Hop Class by American Dance Training Camp in the West Wing of Base Lodge
7:30pm - Pie Eating Contest
- If you're someone that orders their dessert before their meal, then this is the competition for you! Fill up on delicious pie for some great prizes (free to enter). Open to the first 25 participants. Registration half hour before contest. In front of base lodge. Adult signature required.
Cash Bar: 3-9pm
Great American Roast: 4-9pm
|Main $13 (includes one side)
|Grilled Veggie Kebabs
|VT Burgers & Veggie Burgers
||Maple Baked Beans
|Bratwurst with peppers & onions
||Corn on the Cob
Join Green Apron for the restaurant’s Grand Opening Celebration on Saturday, July 5. Stop by the newly renovated and reimagined restaurant that brings Vermont farm-to-table cuisine to the Stratton Golf Course.
In addition to new menu items, enjoy:
Complimentary restaurant food samples
Samples from local farmers, including Taylor Farm, VT Chevon and Earth, Sky, Time
Works by local artist Kali Lennon of Plough & Stone
Live bluegrass music
Green Apron’s head chef Tim Thompson and Stratton’s Executive Chef Jacob Ebel will both be present introducing the new dishes and answering questions.
Learn More About the Free Demos
Beginning at 9am Saturday morning, elite SMS T2 Nordic team will be doing ski walking intervals up the mountain starting at the gondola. Train with this elite team. Another chance to see these athletes in action is the Speed and Agility on Skis Demo Saturday at 4pm. Watch elite T2 athletes as they train for world competition. This SMS team includes Olympian Andy Newell, World Cup Sprint Champion Jesse Diggins, U.S. Nordic Team Members and more highly decorated athletes. Learn more about SMS and see video footage from last years demo.See Details
See what the girls of the American Dance Training Camp can do this 4th of July Weekend when they show off their skills at the demo in the Courtyard. If you like what you see, you can join them for their FREE Hip Hop class in the base lodge at 7pm. Learn more about their camp and style of dance here.See Details