Welcome to the second annual 24 Hours of Stratton event. We absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark last year. 330 athletes formed teams and skied for 24 hrs straight. The weather was perfect. Skiing at Stratton under the lights was an incredible experience. We had multiple bands that kept the base area rocking, skiing under the fireworks show was a treat for all, partying in Grizzly’s till the wee hours, hanging out in the base lodge and grabbing power naps with friends and family members was even fun. There were hundreds of spectators who came up to cheer the athletes on and enjoy the festivities in the base area throughout the night. To say a good time was had by all would be the understatement of the year.
As far as the fundraising effort goes, we exceeded every possible expectation anybody had for this event. Thanks to the over 330 competitors and over 1,000 donors we raised $175,000 in our first year. Can you imagine that? $175,000 in our first year. We are all very excited about this year’s event. The Board of Directors met regularly all summer and have come up with a few changes to the event format that is going to make this event even more fun than last year. Is that even possible?
If you weren’t there last year, you missed the best weekend of the season. Don’t make the same mistake this year or…as Warren Miller says…You will only be a year older when you do it next year.
The 24 Hours of Stratton is a super fun, family friendly, skiing / snowboarding team event. A team can be anywhere from 4-12 people. We light up the mountain and go from 12 noon on Saturday to 12 noon on Sunday. Each athlete can ski for as long as they want over the entire 24 hr period. We track each individual`s vertical as well as the teams vertical feet skied. We have prizes for the team and individuals who ski the most vertical.
This is a non-stop part all weekend long. Starting with:
-Friday night welcome party & athlete sign in
-Saturday morning athlete breakfast
-Event starts at noon on Saturday
-Live music throughout the event
-Base lodge stays open all night
-Closing BBQ and awards ceremony at the end of the event.
In addition to having an awesome weekend with friends and family, we are raising money for the Stratton Foundation to support underprivileged kids in the southern, VT region. Where else can you have this much fun and raise money for such a great cause?Changes to the event format
The Board of Directors have made some really great changes to the event format that we know you are all going to love.
1) We have hired a professional timing company to come in and track the team and individual vertical. Everybody will be able to download a free app on their phones / tablets and get up to the minute live info on vertical skied by a team or an individual.
2) Last year we lit one trail at night. This year we will light two trails. Twice the fun! J
3) Last year each team got two bibs and two people at a time were out racking up the vertical for the team. This year everybody gets a bib and everybody can ski for as long as they want. Feel free to go the entire 24 hours if you want (or can?)
Every athlete will receive a pre-programmed chip that is their personal chip. It will be used to track each individual’s vertical. Each team will receive one team chip. The vertical on that team chip will be counted for the team vertical. The goal is to keep the team chip out on the mountain non-stop for 24 hours by passing it around to the different team mates.
4) The prize categories remain the same this year:
-Most Vertical - Team
-Most Vertical - Male 16 & Over
-Most Vertical - Female 16 & Over
-Most Vertical – Male 15 & Under
-Most Vertical – Female 15 & Under
Grand Prize – The team that raises the most money – 4 people, 4 days, Heli skiing with CMH in Revelstoke British Columbia. We want to say a very special thank you to CMH for returning again as our grand prize sponsor. You guys are the best.
5) Midnight SL training is back. Bring your gear and run SL gates from midnight to 6am. Nowhere else in the world can you train SL at this time of night. What better way to watch the sunrise than by taking a few SL gates across the shins.
6) We will have a Friday night welcome party at Grizzly’s. Athletes can check in and get their welcome packages. Have some food, a drink, laugh with your friends and get ready for the most fun weekend of the entire year.
7) We will have an athlete’s breakfast on Saturday morning before the start of the event at noon. The base lodge will remain open all night. We have lots of live bands scheduled throughout the weekend, a fireworks show and a bonfire. The base area will be party central for the entire weekend. So even if you are not participating as an athlete, come on up and cheer the athletes on.Registration
To register for this event have the team captain go on Active.com and register (create your team). Once the team has been created everybody else can register on the team.
The 24 Hours of Stratton is raising money for the Stratton Foundation to help under privileged kids in the surrounding region. There is such a great need to help kids in Southern VT with basic necessities that most of us take for granted every day. In addition, we have created incredible opportunities for these children to receive meals, school supplies, education, after hours tutoring and perhaps be the first ones in their families to go to college. Please take a moment to read about the really great programs that this event has funded. Click on the button below that says “Make a donation” and you will be able to see where last year’s money went. While you are there, please consider making a donation to an athlete this year. On behalf of all the kids that benefit from the 24 Hours of Stratton, thank you for helping to make this year’s event the biggest and best ever.
Friday, March 14
|Team Check-In at Bear's Den
24hr Kick-Off Party at Grizzly's
Saturday March 15
Team check-in at Bear's Den
Athlete's Breakfast in West Wing
Captain's Meeting in West Wing
Teams Assemble in the Courtyard
Start of 24hrs Of Stratton
Beer Garden in Base Area
The Peacheaters on Main Stage
Jeff Tuohy in Grizzly's
Double Diamond Cafe Open in Base Lodge
Brother Josephus on Main Stage
Fireworks in the Base Area
Grizzly's Party with DJ Joe Bel
Sunday March 16 Noon
Cash is King on Main Stage
Beer Garden in Base Area
Event completion in Base Area
Team B-B-Q in Base Area
Awards & Event Close on Main Stage